Saturday, September 6, 2008

Maternal love

As much as I love my mom... Sometimes, she just irritates me. She might be going through some menopause or something. Who knows? PMS maybe. But still...

I know that after everything with my dad, it's been really hard on her. And it's hard for her to find the strength to live on. But she needs to be able to hold her own. Without me. She is so dependent on me that I feel like I'm missing out on things that my peers can do. Like go out late, party at night, whatever. She thinks that 9PM is late. I hate it.

I'm here, trying my best to live life to the fullest. And she's there, doing whatever she can to keep me within boundaries. I suppose I consider myself luckier than others I know who can't go out period. However, she needs to learn to let go of me. I'm not always going to be there in the future. When will she learn to live on her own?

No comments: