Sunday, October 19, 2008

The photo you see on the right of this page is my head shot. My audition for A Christmas Carol at the Northside Theater Company is at 6:40PM on Tuesday. Callbacks Wednesday if they like me. I am going in this with confidence and no expectations. If I get a role, great. If not, then it's definitely a learning experience for me. Here are the two monologues I need to remember:

Sauny the Scot by John Lacy
(Act V)
Had I served him as bad as Eve did Adam, he could not have used me worse;
but I am resolved, now I'm got home again, I'll be revenged.
I'll muster up the spite of all the curs'd women since Noah's flood to do him mischief and add new vigour to my tongue. I have not pared my nails this fortnight; they are long enough to do him some execution, that's my comfort.
Thou art a fool Biancha! Come, learn of me: Thou art married to a man too: thou dost not know but thou mayest need my counsel, and make good use on't.
Thy husband bears thee fair yet, but take heed of going home with him, for, when once he has thee within his verge, 'tis odds he'll have his freaks too -- there's no trusting these men.
Thy temper is soft and easy; thou must learn to break him, or he'll break thy heart. Trust him and hang him; they're all alike.
Come, thou shalt be my scholar;
learn to frown and cry out for unkindness, but brave anger; thou hast a tongue, make use on't -- scold, fight, scratch, bite -- anything. Still take exceptions at all he does, if there be cause or not; if there be reason for't, he'll laugh at thee. I'll make Petruchio glad to wipe my shoes or walk my horse ere I have done with him.

All For Love by John Dryden
(Act II)
Yet may I speak?
How shall I please my cause, when you, my judge, already have condemned me?
Shall I bring the love you bore me for my advocate?
That now is turned against me, that destroys me;
For love, once past, is, at the best forgotten; but oftener sours to hate:
'twill please my lord to ruin me, and therefore I'll be guilty.
But, could I once have though it would have pleas'd you, that you would pry, with narrow searching eyes, into my faultsm severe to my destruction, and watching all advantages with care, that serve to make me wretched?
You seemed griev'd (And therein you are kind) that Caesar first enoyed my love, thou you deserved it better;
I grieve for that, my lord, much more than you; For had I been yours, it would have sav'd my second choice: I never had been his, and ne'er had been but yours. But Caesar first, you say, possess'd my love. Not so, my lord: He first possess'd my person, you, my love. Caesar lov'd me; but I lov'd Antony.

No comments: