Friday, January 9, 2009

It drives me insane to be in my english course at De Anza sometimes. Majority of the reason is due to the amount of students in my class that do not know the most simple things about writing. The things that I have learned my sophomore year (i.e. MLA format). One of my pet peeves is to see a paper that has margins wider than 1". It makes me wonder what these kids have been up to during their high school English classes and/or what the teachers have been teaching. 

As an aspiring actor, I have no need to get a general education. I can go straight into acting courses, do some theater around the bay, move to LA in a few years, and all that jazz. But I refuse to be a "dumb actress" that only knows how to act. I love knowledge and yearn to build and make use of my brain. I cannot let that go to waste, so I chose to continue school. And will probably be going back even after graduation. 

For the first week back at school, and the official beginning of my second quarter at De Anza, I must say it surpassed all of my prior expectations. I just hope that my inspiration to stay focused does not die down as it did the previous quarter. 

No comments: